Expert Stretch Mark Treatments in New Jersey
Stretch marks (striae) are a common skin condition that can cause quite a bit of concern for people, especially women! Stretch marks are visible marks on the skin that appear as long, narrow bands or lines. While stretch marks occur on both men and women, they are more typically seen on women due to pregnancy. Stretch marks also occur with weight gain and loss, growth spurts, body building/weight training (when you have rapid muscle growth), and with certain diseases.
Smooth Out Your Stretch Marks
Dr. Sheila Bond uses minimally invasive treatments that help to improve the appearance of stretch marks. These treatments involve stimulating the production collagen and helping to plump up and tighten the skin.
What Are Stretch Marks?
Simply stated, striae or stretch marks occur due to the continuing stretching of skin. This is why stretch marks are so common on women during and after pregnancy. Teenagers can have stretch marks that are seen after a sudden growth spurt. Gaining and losing weight also pulls the skin and causes stretch marks.
The most common area of the skin for stretch marks are the stomach, thighs, and under arms. For most people, the application of over-the-counter lotions do not work on stretch marks.
What Are Some Treatments For Stretch Marks?
Dr. Shelia Bond will recommend an appropriate treatment upon examination of your stretch marks. The treatment ranges from lasers to peels and medical grade skincare products.
Treatments offered at the Body and Face Cosmetic & Plastic Specialists NJ include:
- Light and Laser Therapies – A variety of light and laser therapies are available that may stimulate growth of collagen or promote elasticity. Dr. Bond can help you determine which technique is appropriate for you.
- Microneedling – This treatment involves a hand-held device with tiny needles that stimulates collagen growth. This technique has less risk of pigmentation changes than laser therapy, so it is the preferred initial approach for people with skin of color.
Work with Dr. Bond to select the most appropriate treatment or combination of treatments for you. Factors to consider include:
- How long you’ve had the stretch marks
- Your skin type
- Convenience, as some therapies require repeated doctor visits
- Cost, as treatments to improve appearance (cosmetic therapies) often aren’t covered by medical insurance
- Your expectations
Contact us today to schedule your stretch mark consultation with Dr. Sheila Bond.
Patient Referral Bonus
Refer a friend and receive a $500 credit towards your future surgery procedure. Click here for more information.
Visit our plastic / cosmetic surgery office located in Montclair, New Jersey (NJ). We serve patients from the following area, such as Essex, Hudson, Passaic and Sussex counties, as well as Jersey City, Newark, NJ and all surrounding areas including New York (NY).
We look forward to meeting you in person.